Monday, March 15, 2004

Funny, I was passing through the old Sparknotes neighborhood today, and for a moment there, I thought about stopping by and visiting the old crew, or as I call them now, "those greedy little assholes who'd probably sell their own children if it could earn them a buck or two." And then I thought, "But what would I say?" I'd have to tell them what I've been up to since they ignominiously laid me off:

"Well, guys, I have to say, things are going pretty well since I saw you all last. I've been getting out, taking advantage of the city, you know. Especially when it's nice out, sort of like it is today. I mean, it's sunny and it's not too cold, really a perfect day for reading in the park or window shopping in the West Village. And it's really nice to be able to take advantage of these beautiful days, too, and not be all trapped in a stuffy little office like, well, like this. Really experience everything life has to offer, you know, waking up in the morning exuberant to be alive. You don't really get much of that feeling when you spend eight hours a day staring at a computer or in meetings with suit-and-tie wearing corporate drones or answering the phone for a boss who's old enough to do that kind of stuff for himself. But that's just my opinion. Oh well, once you retire, thirty-five or forty years from now, you and your walking cane and your Metamucil will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy life. Or at least, you'll all have time to relax and enjoy life. Anyway, I'll let all of you get back to work now — gotta make a lot of money for somebody else..."

Sparknotes sucks! 8-)

0 comments: