Sunday, July 4, 2004

You all remember T.G.I. Friday's, right? — That restaurant at the Blue Star shopping center with the nauseatingly perky waitresses where you and your friends would go to eat mainly cause it's the only restaurant in town. Well, I had my Fourth of July brunch :( there with my wild and crazy family, and I'm happy to report that T.G.I. Friday's has a new employee dress code. No more vaudeville-style red-and-white striped vests, like their waiters are walking barber poles; no more cheesy-ass "pieces of flair" (that's stoned-happy talk for pin-on buttons); same saccharine attitude from the staff, meaning it still takes the same amount of self-control not to beat the living shit out of your hostess. Okay, I guess it doesn't take quite as much self-control, considering how I no longer go to school with anybody working at T.G.I. Friday's.


Good news: Palmer Video was showing Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky, which means that the employees there actually have some semblance of taste. I get worried every time I go into that store and see thirty-eight copies of some DVD starring Tara Reid sitting on the shelf, right next to "Cruel Intentions 3."

Bad news: No one was actually in Palmer's at the time, becoming enlightened to Miyazaki's genius.

0 comments: