Tuesday, August 3, 2004

Interview today: possible internship at Theatre Row, an off-Broadway theater most likely founded by a Brit or some slightly dyslexic American. Sylvia took me to see a play there last Thursday, and flipping through the playbill, there were about fifteen interns listed in the crew. I figured, "Why not sixteen?"

As usual, the interview went pretty well, considering how I've been cutting back on my Paxil. Besides, today was an important lesson: I should probably research what the hell organizations actually do before blindly asking for an internship. Not that the idea of working backstage at a theater or theatre doesn't seem cool, like a great learning opportunity, but what really caught my eye was the idea of working with people producing plays, sucking up to people who might eventually produce my play, should I ever finish it.

Okay, to be honest, I can't really imagine myself sucking up to anyone.

0 comments: