Friday, March 11, 2005

Guess Who Evidently Had Mono...

Did you guess me? Cause if you did, you're right! Congratulations!

I had my blood tested last week because I've been feeling kinda fatigued lately, and by "lately," I mean since October 2003. The doctor's office called with the results this morning, and by this afternoon, my mom's been laying it on thick with the told-you-so's. "You might've had mono all through college. You see, I told you you should've gotten tested sooner." I don't know what's worse: the fact that Mom was right or the fact that even though Mom was right, there isn't a damn thing they can do for you if you've got mono.

Thing is, it always seemed like the folks who got mono were the trampy kids, swapping spit all night and day. Like it's God's way of telling you to save it till you're married, like herpes and chlamydia. Me, I didn't even have the fun of getting to first base. Even my exciting, sexy diseases are lame.

0 comments: