Tuesday, January 15, 2008

In the latest Winning the War on Terror News, militants bombed a five-star luxury hotel in Kabul on Monday. The Taliban took responsibility, which: duh. I don't think anyone in the military or diplomatic community saw the attack and thought, "Well, it's either the Taliban or Ron Johnson from Billings, Montana, and I have no idea which!" This incident raises a number of questions:

  1. There's a luxury hotel in Kabul?
  2. Why?

Building a luxury hotel in Kabul seems a little like hooking your black-and-white TV up to a Blu-Ray player or putting 22-inch chrome rims on your 1979 Datsun.

The bad news, for me at least, is now I'm going to have to put my vacation in Afghanistan on hold. I guess I'll have to spend two weeks relaxing on the beaches of Somalia.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, sure. But don't forget all the aid workers, reporters UN types and other members of the international community. They're sure not going to stay in some hovel or on an army base, and there's probably enough of them to run a hotel.