Thursday, October 13, 2005

Clearly, I watch too much TV, but tonight's Alias confirmed my hypothesis: The entire Buffy/Angel cast is totally unwatchable outside of Joss Whedon's creations. (As opposed to the cast of Alias, which is totally unwatchable, period.) I include a chart for future generations to study:

  1. Nicholas Brendan on Kitchen Confidential: unfunny and unwatchable.
  2. David Boreanaz on Bones: phoning it in and unwatchable.
  3. Allyson Hannigan on How I Met Your Mother: unwatchable. Despite Hannigan, Jason Segal, and Neil Patrick Harris, this show still blows monkey chunks. I can't even begin to understand it.
  4. Charisma Carpenter on Veronica Mars: highly watchable. But also naked for most of her scenes.
  5. Kristine Sutherland in those commercials for Advil: unwatchable.
  6. I haven't seen James Marsters in Smallville yet, but seriously, it's Smallville.
  7. And tonight, Amy Acker continues J.J. Abrams' tradition of pissing me off with characters who lack any sort of wit, or personality, or more than three facial expressions. I'm seriously suspecting some sort of Jaybrams/Terry Cunningham mind-meld going on here.

0 comments: