Thursday, February 3, 2005

Change

I noticed a message from the divine written across the bottom of a one-dollar bill in my wallet today.

BELIEVE ON [sic] THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL BE SAVE [sic]:
With a colon instead of a period. Do you think that, maybe if it's not too much trouble, the almighty can teach His prophets basic grammar skills?

You know, I kind of reacted to the communication via currency in more or less the same way I think of bumper stickers. The more I think over it, though, scribbling my manifesto on money seems like a pretty good way to put my message into circulation. It doesn't work so well if you feed the bills to a vending machine, but you hand it to a cashier somewhere and then someone else comes into the store needing change, and suddenly someone else has the chance to be saved.

Maybe I'll leave my blog address on everything in my wallet.

Or "Fuck the red states!" Or how about "God is dead!" Or, since some moron thinks they're proselytize me via the almighty dollar, how about I leave 1 Timothy 6:10 (look it up) written across George Washington's face.

0 comments: