Saturday, October 21, 2006

I was in Turin overnight to see some more of my family, and I won't bore with details or pictures of them, because I know you couldn't care less. Turin is a really beautiful city with some really incompetent pickpockets (you could see them coming from a mile away, and then they almost stole my dirty underpants), and its reputation as an ugly industrial town isn't deserved. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the city.


Here's Parco Valentino, a beautiful man-made green area that stretches along the Po River, from one end of Turin to the other.
There's a fake medieval castle in the park. It was built in the 1800's, and I don't know why they felt a need to put one there. There's an exhibition on the history of Castello Valentino inside the castle walls, but it's all in Italian.
Another photo of inside the castle walls. The castle "town" was a lot more photogenic than the castle proper.
It's not a tree. It's made of wrought iron, and it's a fountain.


The Po River, as seen from the park.
Caffé Torino, the oldest bar in Turin. It's baroque and gorgeous. They also have a candy shop which is even more baroque and gorgeous, and also out of focus on my camera.
Left over from the Winter Olympics. I walked through the whole city, but didn't see a single Cherokee.

0 comments: